Thursday, May 22, 2014

Game of Life



I just celebrated my 47th birthday.  Way past half-time.  If my life was a football game, I'd be in the mid-to-late third quarter.  I decided to check the score of my game.

First, I checked my own score.  To do this I looked at my blessings. I've been blessed with a wonderful wife and two great kids.  I've never been hungry, really.  I have a good job, a good car, a decent house and decent clothes.  I've got a television with hundreds of channels of entertainment, a Kindle bookshelf with hundreds of unread books, and two or three people I call true friends.  All-in-all, not so bad.

Then I looked at the opposition's score.  The area's in my life where I'm running behind.
I'm overweight and out of shape.  I'm in debt and have been as long as I can remember.  I've fallen into a routine of daily dullness, and my career seems to be stalled in neutral.  I have no savings to speak of, other than a 401K that will help during retirement, but does nothing for me if my car were to explode or my water heater busts.

It's a close game, but life has the upper hand.  I'm gonna have to finish the third quarter strong in order to ride out the fourth comfortably.  One thing I realized while calculating the score of my game is that I've been playing with no game plan.

So that is where I'll begin.  A game plan.

I started this blog in hopes of keeping me active in the game.  This blog is the first part of my new game planning.  I invite readers to come along and watch as I play the game of life.

I welcome any comments and suggestions to help me win.  I also hope to pass along any helpful info to help others win their own Game of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment