Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Off the Couch



One of my goals is to get off my couch more.  Another is to get out of my 'Comfort Zone' more.
Last night I did both.  I went to my first Writer's Meet-Up Group. 
I had to take 3 pages of something I was writing to share and to be critiqued.  That was way harder than getting off the couch.
But it was good.
I've never read anything I've written out loud, especially in front of people I had just met.  So that was a big step for me.  I was more nervous than I had expected to be, but it was really good.  Kind of like physical exercise.  I never want to do it, but when I'm finished, I'm glad I did.
And also like exercise, I got a lot out of it.  I'm motivated to continue writing and I'm excited about the changes I'm going to make in response to the creative criticism.  

No comments:

Post a Comment