Monday, May 26, 2014

Overdone and Out of Balance


My personality is such that when I get a good idea, I go at it full force.  That is until I crash, at which point my great idea doesn't seem so great anymore, and I abandon it. 
Here's an example:
One of my goals is to get in shape, and the first step is to lose weight.  I'm using MyFitnessPal.com which helps me keep track of my calories and exercise.  The more I exercise, the more I can eat and still lose weight.   My exercise of choice is walking, because I enjoy it and get to listen to podcasts.
Last Friday I decided to take a walk after work.  I ended up walking 8.5 miles.
Lori had planned a hike for us on Sunday which turned out to be another 8.5 miles.  And those were some strenuous miles.  Both days were hot and humid.
Today is Monday and I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  I've walked 17 miles in the last 3 days and have had very little rest.  I've got a lot of work to do here at the office.  I could use a nap.
Plus, I want to eat every high calorie thing I can get my hands on.  The vending machine is calling my name.

I need balance.

I'll add that to my "areas to improve" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment