Friday, May 23, 2014

Where to start...


So, I've decided to change.
I realized time is ticking away quickly and if I'm gonna change, now is the time.

But where do I start?  Can I even learn a new lifestyle at 47 years old?

After listening to some motivational podcasts and reading some books I decided to start with making lists.

Here's a list of my lists:
     1.  Immediate Changes (things I can do NOW to make myself a better person with a better life)
     2.  Short Term Goals (projects/changes I can make in a week)
     3.  Long Term Goals (These may take years to complete)

Some examples of my Immediate Changes:
     -  Stop eating garbage (No more soda, candy, etc.)
     -  Exercise
     -  Cut back on television
     -  Get out of bed an hour earlier to read
     -  Cut all fiction except at bedtime

Some examples of my Short Term Goals:
     -  Start a blog (check!)
     -  Read one motivational book this week.
     -  Find (and join) a local writer's group
     -  Write 20 pages

Some examples of my Long Term Goals:
     -  Get out of debt (except for the house and student loan) in next 5 years
     -  Lose 30 pounds by Christmas
     -  Save enough money to pay cash for a new car

A funny thing happened after making my lists.  I felt better.  Just planning improvements made me feel better and motivated!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment